Our students are looking for a music teacher who can work with them at all levels, and in a variety of musical instruments and practices. They want someone who will respect and engage with them, be responsive to needs, questions, interests, and faith journey, and who sees music and learning as a way to grow in a relationship with God. Students are supported through live classes, cross-curricular, authentic assessments and activities that encourage students to engage with others in their community and classes. We are seeking a person passionate about service, global competence, and relevant content and application.
You would be responsible for the development of lessons and musical progression of multiple instruments and/or voice; facilitating students’ during live, synchronous group meeting times, and initiating and responding to student and parent communications regularly.
- Support students’ learning in music
- Facilitating live, online classes one to two times per week per class (30-45 minute, pre-scheduled live times)
- Providing external resources to students as needed, including videos, activities, and websites
- Fostering online learning and virtual small or large groups, encouraging performances (live or virtual)
- Engaging students in musical practices
- Grading and maintaining updated records of student assignments
- Communicating with student, parents and advocates on a weekly or more basis
- Develop curriculum to have missional, global, and relevant connections
- Differentiating for academic, spiritual, emotional, and/or physical needs
- Authentic assessments for monitoring of progress and evaluation of learning
- Connecting students to each other and community members
- Integrating Biblical teaching within each unit
- Developing course material that align with national standards and Valor Global Online’s vision, and is responsive to students’ musical interests
- Contributing to curriculum development for courses and course sequencing
- Contribute to Valor Global Online community
- Attending weekly live staff meetings
- Leading at least one professional development meeting of your choice and passion
- Establishing and maintaining connection to teachers and staff and families
Compensation is based on the number of classes taught and the number of enrolled students. You will be paid $1000 per trimester with 10-30 enrolled students. You will be paid $750 per trimester with 3-9 enrolled students.
We expect to have interested students enroll from grades 3-12. Exact courses will be determined mainly based on student interest.
Teachers have the ability to suggest courses, themes, or progressions based on their expertise. This part-time, contractor position can be split into multiple positions or can be allotted to one person, depending on availability.
Secondary elective courses last two of three trimesters (two 12-week grading periods) and the elementary school course is expected to last one or two trimesters depending on interest.
Dates of service: August 26, 2020 – June 15, 2021