Position: Elementary Instructor (.75 or 1.0)
Expected course load: 10-30 students in 3rd – 5th grade
Post date: July 15, 2019
Position open until fulfilled.
Contend International Inc., the parent company for Valor Global Online, is looking to contract teachers to instruct online courses. The teacher will implement innovative instruction with a missional mindset, while fostering an environment that encourages students to have global competence, team collaboration and purposeful learning.
Position Summary and Expectations
The elementary teacher is expected to:
- Understand, in detail, the subject knowledge for grades three through five
All Valor Global Online teaching positions are expected to:
Spend appropriate, focused time on their course and professional commitments
- Meet live with students at scheduled times twice per week. Times will be scheduled based on teacher’s availability and student schedules. This is similar to a university’s office hours; it is time for students to ask questions, conference with you and/or peers, and connect with you.
- Work some occasional evening hours as necessary.
- Attend live, weekly teacher meetings (approximately 30 minutes).
Lead students through a purposeful and professional online course
- Provide resources and adapt the Accelerate curriculum to strengthen student learning and encourage out-of-the-box thinking.
- Create at least one YouTube video for each lesson.
- Keep student records and data updated within one week.
- Create innovative assignments to enhance student learning.
- Foster a classroom community and student collaboration.
- Work with the lead teacher to ensure that classroom content, student understanding and communication meets and exceeds expectations of Valor Global Online.
- Complete a short, asynchronous professional development course prior to the course start date.
Maintain a professional and approachable attitude
- Communicate frequently, appropriately, and clearly with students, parents, and the Valor Global Online staff.
- Have reliable internet access, with enough bandwidth to video chat on a regular basis.
- Strong technology skills, including usage of Zoom, YouTube, email, Google Suite products, and ability to learn our unique student portal
- Provide feedback directly to Valor Global Online staff on the student portal, school-level systems, and more, to improve the overall school experience for families and teachers.
Valor Global Online Summary
Valor Global Online is an online school distinguishing itself with daily check-ins, small classes, and an entrepreneurial track, among other things. The school is in its second year of existence and is expanding while maintaining its high-touch, student-centered focus.
Valor Global Online is fully accredited with AdvancEd and has physical campuses in the USA, South Korea, and the Philippines. Valor Global Online students receive a high school diploma from Valor Christian School International upon graduation.
We offer virtual classes based on Common Core State Standards and hybrid courses offered in conjunction with Valor Christian School International. Classes are delivered in an easy-to-use format that encourages socialization and connection with other students and families. We value the whole child and offer physical, emotional, and spiritual opportunities as well as cognitive. We also offer international study abroad programs, as well as an annual weeklong service trip for high school students.
If you think you are a good fit for our school, apply now.
Compensation and Benefits
- Payment is dependent upon certification, degree, and experience.
- Work from home.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Opportunities to participate in entrepreneurial courses, attend service trips or class trips.
- Potential to design your own elective or core course in future terms.
- Potential for annual pay increases and career advancement.