Our students are looking for elementary teachers who can work with them at all levels and across a range of interests. They want someone who will respect and engage with them, be responsive to needs, questions, interests, and faith journey, and who sees whole-child learning as a way to grow in a relationship with God. Students are supported through live classes, cross-curricular, authentic assessments and activities that encourage students to engage with others in their community and classes. We are seeking a person passionate about students and learning as well as service, global competence, and relevant content and application.
You would be responsible for the development of new curriculum and/or personalizing or editing pre-existing curriculum; facilitating students during live, synchronous class time, initiating and responding to student and parent communications regularly.
- Support students’ learning in your content area(s)
- Facilitating live, online classes one to two times per week per class (30-45 minute, pre-scheduled live times)
- Providing external resources to students as needed, including videos, activities, and websites
- Fostering online discussion and virtual conversation groups
- Engaging students in live collaboration
- Grading and maintaining updated records of student assignments
- Communicating with student, parents and advocates on a weekly or more basis
- Develop curriculum to have missional, global, and relevant connections
- Differentiating lessons, content, and assignments for academic, spiritual, emotional, and/or physical needs
- Authentic assessments for monitoring of progress and evaluation of learning
- Connecting students to each other and community members
- Integrating Biblical teaching within each unit
- Developing course material that align with national standards and Valor Global Online’s vision
- Contributing to curriculum development for courses and course sequencing
- Contribute to Valor Global Online community
- Attending weekly live staff meetings
- Leading at least one professional development meeting of your choice and passion
- Establishing and maintaining connection to teachers and staff and families
Compensation is based on the number of content areas taught and the number of students enrolled. Core subjects span the whole school year.
Dates of service
August 26, 2020 – June 15, 2021